Reservations for Backcountry Yurt stays can be made nine-months in advance of your intended stay, toll-free by phone at: 1-888-922-6743 (Agents are available 7 days a week, Monday-Friday from 8:00am – 7:00pm mountain time Saturday & Sunday 9:00am – 5:00pm mountain time) or online.
For updates on grooming status and trail conditions: Call the Idaho City Area Park N’ Ski recorded snowline at 208- 514-2423.
For the 7 day forecast in Idaho City, visit weather.gov.
Regional snow conditions, including depth.
For road conditions, visit the 511 website.
For avalanche reports, visit Avalanche.org
$115 per night
Note: Use fees are per night for a party of up to 6.
Additional per person fees are $12 per person/ per night for a party greater than 6, with a maximum of 9 allowed.
There is a $10 plus tax non-refundable reservation fee charged at the time of booking.
If a cancellation for a Backcountry Yurt occurs 21 or fewer calendar days prior to arrival, customer forfeits the first night or daily usage fee (base rate). If the cancellation occurs more than 21 calendar days prior to arrival, a cancellation charge of $10.00 will be assessed. At no time shall the customer be charged a cancellation fee that exceeds the base rate paid for the facility.
Questions? Email the program or call 208-514-2418.
Please contact the Idaho City Ranger District at 208-392-3700 to obtain a map and get updates as to which trails are safe to recreate on before you go out and play.
The Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation Backcountry Yurt Program operates on United States Forest Service Land under agreements with the Boise National Forest.
Welcome to our Pet Friendly Yurt. For the health, safety, and enjoyment of all of our guests and staff the following Pet Policy has been established:
Every year from December 1st thru the April 15th, both Banner Ridge Yurt and Elkhorn Yurt have a restriction of pets otherwise all other yurts are pet friendly all year around. However, pet allowance is a privilege and is directly based on your cooperation.
Please be a responsible pet owner and respect the following restrictions:
1. At time of registration, the guest must declare/register each pet and/or ADA compliant Service Dog by providing full information and the Guest is responsible to strictly abide by all policies.
2. There is a two pet limit.
3. The Guest is liable for the health, safety, and welfare of their pets at all times
4. Pets must NEVER be left unattended in the yurt at any time, whether or not the pet is in a kennel crate.
5. Dogs must be clean, fully house-trained, parasite free and disease free (i.e. ticks, fleas, Parvo, etc.)
6. Pets are NEVER allowed on yurt furniture.
7. Please take your pet to the designated animal relief area and pick up after your pet
8. Remember, there will be guests arriving just after your visit. Please clean up all animal hair and sanitize yurt before you leave.
9. You are required to clean up after your pets on both yurt property and surrounding area.
10. Equestrians and other pack- stock should follow standard low-impact backcountry camping procedures to minimize damage to the site.
11. We ask that hunters using the yurt use common sense. Do not discharge any firearm within ¼ mile of the yurt.
12. Guest agrees and authorizes IDPR to assess charges to the credit card on file at registration for any and all damages discovered in or around yurt and prior to or after departure, including, but not limited to: pet odor and stains, repair or replacement of property, excessive and/or exceptional cleaning or extermination charges, loss of revenue caused by the dog, including an ADA compliant Service Dog 28 CFR 36.302 (c) (8).
About the Yurt System
If you really want to get away from it all Idaho City Backcountry Yurts, located about 1.5 hours (56-63 miles) north of Boise, ID, depending on the season choice, they are accessible by hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, Nordic or snowshoeing.
The video below is recommended viewing for both experienced and first time yurt users. It illustrates the basics of the yurt experience and provides users with tips on how to make your yurt stay more enjoyable.
You can choose from six fabulous backcountry yurts which are accessible year-round.
Each yurt sleeps six people in a comfortably well-furnished atmosphere with high mountain views, no neighbors and access to a wide variety of recreational opportunities including hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, Nordic and Telemark skiing and snowshoeing. In winter, backcountry yurts are accessed by a 2-3 mile ski or snowshoe trek; in summer, a 10-minute to one-mile hike. Our backcountry yurts have plenty to offer every outdoor enthusiast at any level, whether beginner or experienced.