What is a Recreation Fund Council?
The Idaho Outdoor Recreation Fund Advisory Council was created by Gov. Brad Little and the Idaho Legislature to recommend projects to expand outdoor recreation or access to it in Idaho. Examples could include expansion of recreational facilities (parks, trails, boating, etc.) or agreements to gain entry to new areas for public recreation.
Council members are:
- Skylar Jett, Council Chair, Idaho Business for the Outdoors
- Susan Buxton, Director, Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation
- Jim Fredericks, Director, Idaho Department of Fish and Game
- Dustin Miller, Director, Idaho Department of Lands
- James Petzke, Representative, Idaho Legislature, District 21, Seat A
- Gretchen Hyde, Director, Rangeland Resources Commission
- Mark Pratt, Idaho Cattle Association
- Kari Kostka, The Nature Conservancy
- Benn Brocksome, Idaho Sportsmen
- Dave Lent, Senator, Idaho Legislature, District 33
- Laurel Sayer, President, Perpetua Resources
- Sandra Mitchell, Idaho State Snowmobile Association
- Seth Griggs, Idaho Association of Counties
The Legislature in early 2023 provided $5 million in initial funding for the council’s work. The group is accepting applications for candidate projects until 5 p.m. on November 17, 2023. See the application for details.
All applications should be sent to Skylar Jett at email@example.com. (Please note: A funding match is not required but encouraged, as well as letters of support.)
The next Council meeting will occur on December 14, 2023. For more information about the Council and its work, contact Skylar Jett at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 208-599-3264.