The Idaho State Parks Passport is a $10 annual sticker for Idahoans that is available for purchase at the time you register your motorhome or passenger vehicle online, by mail-in renewal or at any county DMV office.
The Passport is a good deal for you and great for Idaho, in that proceeds help keep our cherished outdoor public places accessible for years to come!
The Idaho State Parks Passport:
- Is just $10 for Idahoans, per vehicle, per year!
- Offers unlimited day-use access to every Idaho State Park
- The sticker MUST be affixed to the windshield of the associated vehicle to be valid.
- Covers boat launch fees within Idaho State Parks
- Provides access to hundreds of miles of hiking, cycling, mountain biking and Nordic trails
- Please note: Some parks may charge an additional winter access/Nordic recreation fee. This fee goes towards annual Nordic trail grooming programs.
Remember when Buying that your Passport:
- Will expire concurrently with your vehicle registration
- Is assigned to specific vehicles
- Is not transferable
- Please note: The Passport gets you into the parks; camping, overnight use, extra vehicle and other fees associated with stays still apply.
You have a savings option too, with the purchase of an Idaho State Park Motor Vehicle Entry Fee (MVEF) annual pass. See details below.
Where to Purchase Your Passport?
You can purchase your Idaho State Parks Passport online using your Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) issued registration renewal card. The online portal will prompt you to include an additional $10 with your annual registration fees ($20 for a two-year registration) and will calculate your total automatically. Your Passport will be sent by mail with your vehicle registration stickers.
You can purchase your Idaho State Parks Passport by mail, using your Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) issued registration renewal card. Simply include an additional $10 with your annual registration fees in your payment to ITD (please include an additional $20 for a two-year registration). It’s a good idea to write “Includes Park Passport” on the memo line in the lower left hand corner of your check. Your Passport will be sent by mail with your vehicle registration stickers.
You can purchase your Idaho State Parks Passport at any County DMV Office in Idaho, in conjunction with your vehicle registration or on its own. Provide your license plate number for easy customer look-up.
The Passport goes on the lower corner of the driver’s side of your windshield.
You can still get a Passport to cover the remaining time on your vehicle registration. You will need to take your license plate number to your DMV and tell the clerk you’d like a State Parks Passport. If you have less than a year left on your registration, the cost will be $10. If you have more than a year left (you purchased a two-year registration), the cost will be $20. Sorry, but the system won’t let us pro-rate the stickers. The next time you register, though, you’ll be caught up and get a full year for $10, or two full years for $20.
Our out-of-state guests have savings options too! You can purchase a $80 Motor Vehicle Entry Fee (MVEF) Annual sticker, which waives the daily motor vehicle entrance fee – a savings of $7 per day ($14 a day at premium parks). MVEF Annual stickers can be purchased at any Idaho State Park and online.