Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation Development Bureau
The IDPR Development Department is in charge of all IDPR related building and maintenance projects; everything from campsite upgrades to the construction of new visitor centers.
Replace Chatcolet Cottage, Heyburn State Park, Plummer, ID
Sealed proposals will be received by the State of Idaho, Department of Parks and Recreation, 2885 W. Kathleen Ave, Ste.1, Coeur d’Alene, ID, 83815 until 2pm, local time, on Thursday December 10th, 2020 for IDPR Project No. 310803, Replace Chatcolet Cottage, Heyburn State Park, Plummer, ID. Proposals will be opened and publicly read at the above hour, date and location.
A description of the work of this project can be summarized to include the construction of an 996sf cabin of structural insulated panels with two bedrooms, full kitchen and bath including related site work and fire sprinklers at Heyburn State Park.
A pre-bid conference will be held online on Tuesday, December 1st, 2020 starting at 3pm. General Contractors intending to submit a bid are encouraged to attend by requesting an online invitation from Nadine Curtis.
Plans, specifications, proposal forms and other information are on file for examination at the following locations:
- Idaho Dept. of Parks & Recreation, 2885 W. Kathleen Ave. Ste. 1, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83815 (208) 769-1511
- Patano Studio Architecture, 603 Stewart Street Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98101 (206) 734-3870
- Associated General Contractors, 1649 W. Shoreline Dr., Ste. 100, Boise, ID 83702 (208) 344-2531
- Blueprint Specialties, 6205 W. Overland Rd., Boise, ID 83709 (208) 377-0294
- Spokane Regional Plan Center, 209 N. Havana St, Spokane, WA 99220 (509) 328-9600
A bid bond in the amount of 5% of the total bid amount, including any add alternates, is required.
Bid Documents are available electronically free of charge. Bidders can obtain documents by contacting:
Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation
5657 Warm Springs Ave.
Boise, Idaho, 83716 (208)-514-2451
A Public Works Contractors License for the State of Idaho is required to bid on this work.
Estimated Cost: $300,000
Questions regarding this advertisement may be directed to Grace Moreyra, Design Professional at Patano Studio Architecture, (206) 327-8695, or Melanie Schuster, IDPR Design Professional at Boise Headquarters, (208) 514-2469.
Some of the major projects underway include:
- Ponderosa: A $1.3 million package to improve safety, upgrade facilities and better manage the MeadowMarsh Forest began in September 2020 and will run through the winter, when visitor activity slows and the weather favors rehabilitation work. The construction work includes utility upgrades to the Aspen Loop in the Peninsula Campground, paving of the road to Osprey Point, and the repair of the Peninsula Boat Ramp. Details
- Thousand Springs Visitors Center: Construction of a $2.5 million, 3,400-square-foot building started in late September and will last for a year. The project will unite Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation with the National Park Service, becoming a central location for Thousand Springs State Park and the Hagerman Fossil Beds National Monument. Details
- Repairs and improvements totaling about $1.1 million is underway at four parks: Thousand Springs (Box Canyon); Priest Lake (Lionhead), Farragut (Eagle Cove Boat Launch), and Bear Lake (East Beach). Funding came from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, and is intended to mitigate a record-breaking year for visitation — and use — of Idaho State Parks. Details
Design & Engineering