Find a Camping Spot in an Idaho State Park
You can book stays in any Idaho State Park for up to 9 months in advance from today’s date.
Example: On November 1, 2021 you can make reservations for stays beginning on or before August 1, 2022.
Please note: While masks are now optional at Idaho State Parks, visitors are encouraged to wear face coverings if that makes them feel comfortable. Please see our COVID-19 guidelines.
Idaho State Park Rules
Click here to read IDAPA 26: Idaho Parks and Recreation Administrative Rules.
Idaho’s Department of Parks and Recreation tries to keep the rules simple. Above all we want you to have fun and relax in Idaho State Parks. We ask that you use common sense and courtesy when visiting our parks.
- Fireworks are prohibited
- Dogs must be confined or on a maximum, 6-foot leash
- Service animals are allowed
- Off-leash areas may be designated by park managers (see full policy)
- Dogs are not allowed at Harriman State Park
- Camping is permitted only in designated areas
- Quiet time starts at 10 pm
- Sites cannot be “saved” for someone else
- All equipment and vehicles must be within the designated camp site
- Stays are limited to 15 days in a 30-day period
- Day-use only areas within parks or campgrounds are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., unless otherwise posted.
- Check-in time is 2 p.m. for campsites and 3 p.m. for facilities (local park time).
- Checkout time is 1 p.m. for campsites and 12 p.m. for facilities (local park time).
- Late checkouts may incur additional fees unless prior arrangements have been made.
- All Idaho State Parks are ADA friendly and support service animals.
FIREWOOD ALERT: Buy it where you burn it! Forest pests and diseases often spread on firewood. Help protect Idaho’s natural resources by sourcing your firewood locally (within 50 miles or less) to avoid introducing tree-killing pests.
To review all the rules and fees associated with administering and governing the Idaho Department of Parks please visit the Idaho Department of Administration website.
Specific definitions related to the use of state park recreation areas and facilities.
Reservations for stays within Idaho’s State Parks can be made online and toll-free by phone at: 1-888-922-6743. Agents will be available seven days a week, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Mountain Standard Time (MST), and Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., MST. From Monday through Friday, another option is to call the Reservations Program at 1-855-514-2429, open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please note: Visitors should follow the COVID-19 prevention practices in Gov. Brad Little’s Idaho Rebounds Plan — primarily physical distancing and wearing masks when around non-housemates. Also, group gatherings should be limited to 50 people or less.