The Department of Parks and Recreation is recruiting to fill open Trail Ranger positions in Boise, Coeur d’Alene and Idaho Falls!
These positions work eight – ten hour shifts, Wed – Wed away from the home station.
Idaho has one of the largest systems of single-track trails in the United States. Keeping those seemingly endless miles of trails accessible to users is a task coordinated by our Trail Ranger Program.
Want to join our team this summer? Learn more about becoming a Trail Ranger by visiting: Seasonal Employment in Idaho State Parks | Department of Parks and Recreation
Example of Duties
- Works in remote areas, removing logs, debris, trimming brush, repairing short sections of trail and installing water dips.
- Riding a motorcycle laden with 50lb of additional weight over challenging terrain;
- Operating a chainsaw
- Operate and maintain equipment;
- Inspect equipment to insure proper working order;
- Complete end of project reports;
- Confirm scheduling and housing arrangements with Land Manager;
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Knowledge of motorized trail maintenance.
- Knowledge of motorcycle maintenance and the ability to make field repairs.
- Must have advanced or expert ability to safely ride a motorcycle on challenging single track trails.
- Must have the ability to safely ride over a variety of terrain and in various weather conditions.
- Must have physical condition and stamina sufficient to perform construction type work such as lifting and carrying items weighing approximately 90 pounds, bending, stooping, and working in adverse climatic conditions.
There will be a pre-employment motorcycle riding test to verify adequate skills for the job.
Note: This is a non-benefited seasonal position, serving up to one thousand three hundred eighty-five (1,385) hours of continuous service.
Trail Ranger Application
Idaho State Parks & Recreation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to recruit and hire qualified persons without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. This application will be used to determine your qualifications for the Trail Ranger Program. Please read the application carefully and complete all of the information requested.