Beginning 8/27/2021, the Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes will reopen. We will also reopen about 50% of the multiple use trails on the north side of the park. Shoeffler Butte, Lakeshore Loop, Indian Cliffs, the Mullan Road, and the CCC trail will all be opened. The Appaloosa, Plummer Creek Fire Trail, and Whitetail Loop are all remaining closed; as is the North Side Equestrian Trailhead. We are posting warning signs on both sides of the fire area on the TOC, signs about trail closures at all trailheads, and blocking off and signing the trail intersections to the closed areas. Any questions from the public we can help answer here at the park. Thanks!
Please check back for updates on the fire and closures.
Please Note: Contrary to Google Maps directions, when traveling to the park from the North, please keep on Hwy 95 (do not turn left onto Conkling Road). When you arrive at Plummer, turn left (East) onto State Hwy 5 to access the park
As of July 15, 2021, all north region state parks have banned campfires and propane-fueled fire rings. Propane grills and cooking stoves are still permitted at this time.
Lakeview and Rocky Point Cottages
- Open year-round
- Each cottage has two bedrooms
- Sleeps up to eight per cottage
- Furnished kitchens with appliances, cooking utensils and tableware
- Features dining area, living room and furniture
- Outdoor charcoal grill and picnic table
- Visitors provide their own linens (full size beds), blankets, pillows and towels.
Cost: $150-$165 Minimum 3 night stay on weekends and holidays
Osprey and Blue Heron Cabins
- Available year-round
- Situated near the Trail of the Coeur d’ Alenes
- Each cabin sleeps five
- Equipped with electricity, air conditioning and microwave
- Outdoor picnic table, fire pit and grill
- Near a central restroom and water faucet
- Overnight guests provide their own linens, cooking and kitchen utensils. The Osprey cabin is ADA accessible.
Address: 57 Chatcolet Rd
Plummer, ID 83851
Phone: (208) 686-1308
Hours of Operation: Day-use locations within state parks are open from 7 am to 10 pm, per Idaho state code 26.01.20 (5). Day-use hours may change based on park manager discretion.