The Spring season is attempting to get here!!! It is now just the $7 Motor Vehicle Entrance Fee per vehicle to visit the Park. Harriman State Park of Idaho is a waterfowl and wildlife refuge. Because of the gift deed from the Harrimans, the river and its banks and trails are closed to human access until June 15th. All the rest of the trails are open but be Bear Aware and respect the plants and animals while you visit their home. Historic Building tours will start up again Memorial Weekend.
Follow us on Facebook for current trail conditions, events, and link to local weather.
**Note: If you do not have a Facebook account, please use your phone or Google Chrome browser and scroll to the very bottom of this page. There you can see the latest Harriman State Park posts, including conditions updates.
Please note: Harriman State Park is a waterfowl and wildlife refuge, therefore dogs are not permitted beyond the parking lots at the main trails. The exception is that in winter there is the Harriman Hounds Trail that is groomed and goes outside the refuge into the National Forest. The trail starts behind the Visitor’s Center. Winter Access and motor vehicle fees still apply.
- The Scovel Education Center is a group facility with 10 cabins and a conference center surrounding a court yard
- Cabins have a queen bed or two twin beds, a desk and bathroom
- Linens are provided
- Minimum of 5 cabins must be rented
- The conference center can accomodate up to 24 people and features conference tables, lounge chairs, a large flat screen TV/DVD and two restrooms
- A catering kitchen, equipped with a fridge, stove, sinks and microwave, serves up to 24 people (Note: If your group needs a commercial kitchen and more dining space, ask about renting the cookhouse next door)
- Renters are responsible for cleaning the common area including the conference center and courtyard
Cost: $100 – $110 per night per cabin for minimum 5 cabin rental (Scovel Center comes with the cabins).
Cost: Scovel Center only – $150 per day.
Reservations: Call Harriman State Park at 208-558-7368 up to nine (9) months in advance
Address: 3489 Green Canyon Rd
Island Park, ID 83429
Phone: (208) 558-7368
Hours of Operation: Day-use locations within state parks are open from 7 am to 10 pm, per Idaho state code 26.01.20 (5). Day-use hours may change based on park manager discretion.