The Observatory will be opening for the 2024 season on April 5th and programs will be every Friday and Saturday night through Oct. 15th
Winter 2020-2024 Update:
- October 23, 2023 – March 14, 2024: camping is available in all campgrounds on first come first served basis. Cabins are available year-round by reservations. The 2024 season is March 15 through October 20.
- Park facilities have been winterized. Restrooms/shower buildings are closed. Water is available only in the Equestrian campground at the frost-free hydrants.
- Future reservations can be made 9 months in advance at idahostateparks.reserveamerica.com or by calling 1-888-922-6743
- Sand board rentals are available at the Visitor Center. Due to limited staffing in the off season, please call ahead to verify VC hours of operation.
- The Motor Vehicle Entrance Fee is still required during the offseason. It is the responsibility of the driver to bring cash or check as the Visitor Center and Entrance Kiosk hours vary. Failure to pay the MVEF will result in Citation or Surcharge (IDAPA 26.01.20)
Please note: UAV/Drone use is only permitted in the designated UAV area (contact the park for location). Flight outside of the designated are is strictly prohibited.
The park has day use areas, which include the dunes, which are only open to the public from 7 am to 10 pm. Please refer to IDAPA code 26.01.20.
Bruneau Dunes State Park Cabins
Our small (11’ 3” square) camper cabins are situated with an excellent view of the dunes and sleeps five on a bunk bed and futon. From the large front porch, you can sit on the swing and gaze out at the dunes. The cabins are furnished with a small table, two small benches, electricity, and an A/C & heating unit. Each cabin has a picnic table and fire ring. Guests must bring their own bedding.
Mid-October through mid-March; water and restroom/shower facilities are not available. Vault toilets are located nearby.
The charge for cabin rental is $67-72 per night. Reservations can be made by calling Reserve America at 888-922-6743 or booking online at www.parksandrecreation.idaho.gov
For same day cabins stays please call the park ahead of arrival to ensure availability. No Walk-Ins will be accepted for Cabins after 3pm MST.
Address: 27608 Sand Dunes Rd
Mountain Home, ID 83647
Phone: (208) 366-7919
Hours of Operation: Day-use locations within state parks are open from 7 am to 10 pm, per Idaho state code 26.01.20 (5). Day-use hours may change based on park manager discretion.