There are four yurts at the park:
Premium Yurts: Lodgepole/Snowberry/Ponderosa
*Please note that Lodgepole is not pet-friendly
Only one vehicle may be parked at the yurts. The primary vehicle is covered by the camping reservation. All other vehicles must park in the overflow parking area and may be subject to the Motor Vehicle Entrance Fee plus an overnight fee as well.
Know Before You Go:
- All the yurts come with a bunkbed (twin on top & full on the bottom), mattress & plastic cover for easy cleaning & sanitation, a futon that folds out to a full, a picnic table both inside & outside, a fire ring outside, a gas propane BBQ on the deck (propane is provided) and a single canoe that is assigned to the specific yurt(life jackets & paddles are provided)
- Tamarack also comes with a microwave, a pair of Adirondack chairs and a pair of bicycles
- They all sleep the base occupancy of 5, but will hold up to 8 people($12.00 per person over the base)
- Dogs are welcome in all the yurts except for Lodgepole. That is kept as pet-dander-free as possible for those with allergies.
- All the yurts come with electric wall heat, lights & electricity.
- No smoking or open flame cooking in the yurts
- No tents, campers, or RVs are allowed at the yurts
- Pets must be on leashes at all times & cannot be left alone in the yurts or on the decks
- Check in time is 3 p.m. & check out time is 12 p.m.
- Snowshoes are provided for each of the yurts during the winter
Address: 1786 Forest Rd
Winchester, ID 83555
Phone: (208) 924-7563
Hours of Operation: Day-use locations within state parks are open from 7 am to 10 pm, per Idaho state code 26.01.20 (5). Day-use hours may change based on park manager discretion.