A $1.3 million project to improve park facilities and safety began in September and will run through the winter, when visitor activity slows and weather conditions favor construction and rehabilitation work on the MeadowMarsh Forest.
The construction work includes utility upgrades to the Aspen Loop in the Peninsula Campground, paving of the road to Osprey Point, and repair of the Peninsula Boat Ramp.
For more information, visit the Ponderosa Projects page.
Note to visitors of Lucky Peak, Eagle Island, Lake Cascade, and Ponderosa State Parks: Central District Health issued an order requiring the wearing of a mask in Ada County whenever physical distancing is impossible, which includes being outdoors at Lucky Peak and Eagle Island. A second mask order now covers Valley County, which applies to Cascade and Ponderosa. Also, the McCall City Council requires masks indoors and outside, whenever six feet of distancing cannot be maintained, which covers Ponderosa.
McCall’s mandate expired and just Valley County is in effect.
Lakeview Deluxe Cabins
Ponderosa State Park has nine cabins nestled along the shore of Payette Lake. These cabins come with a full-size refrigerator, stove/ oven, microwave, and dishwasher. The kitchens also include; cookware, bakeware, dinnerware, utensils, cups, coffee maker, toaster, and so much more. The bedrooms and bathrooms come stocked with blankets, sheets, and towels.
- Mule-Deer: Sleeps 4. It’s ADA accessible with a ramp leading to the door. It has an open floor plan. There is a queen size bed and a fold out sofa that is queen size as well. The bathroom has a full tub with a fold down bench.
- Moose: Sleeps 4. It’s ADA accessible with a ramp leading to the door. There is a pass-through bathroom complete with a roll in shower that leads to the main bedroom which has a queen size bed. Customers are permitted to bring an air mattress, to be placed in the loft, in order to accommodate sleeping capacity.
- Bear, Wolf, Fox: Sleeps 4. These all have the same floor plan with a queen size bed. Customers are permitted to bring an air mattress, to be placed in the loft, in order to accommodate sleeping capacity.
- Eagle, Owl, White-tail: Sleeps 6. These cabins are single level with two bedrooms. One bedroom has one queen size bed, and the other bedroom has one queen size bed and one full size bed.
- Elk: Sleeps 8. This cabin is the largest with vaulted ceilings. On the main level is a bedroom with a queen size bed and a queen size fold out sofa. The loft has partial privacy with a queen size bed tucked behind a wall and a queen size futon that is out in the open.
There is a 2-night minimum stay per reservation.
- $10.00 Reservation Fee (per cabin) plus tax
- $100.00 Cleaning/Damage Deposit (per reservation) *
For Peak Season stays May 1st -September 30th in Bear, Wolf, Fox, and Moose
- Idaho Resident $160.00 per night plus tax
- Non- Idaho Resident $175.00 per night plus tax
For Peak Season stays May 1st -September 30th in Elk, Eagle, Owl, Mule Deer, and Whitetail
- Idaho Resident $181.00 per night plus tax
- Non- Idaho Resident $200.00 per night plus tax
For Non-Peak Season stays October 1st – April 30th in Bear, Wolf, Fox, and Moose
- Excluding weekends and Holidays
- Idaho Resident $110.00 per night plus tax
- Non-Idaho Resident $125.00 per night plus tax
For Non-Peak Season stays October 1st – April 30th in Elk, Eagle, Owl, Mule Deer, and Whitetail
- Excluding weekends and Holidays
- Idaho Resident $131.00 per night plus tax
- Non- Idaho Resident $150.00 per night plus tax
There’s more to explore! Learn more about all that Ponderosa State Park offers!