January 2024 Update:
Sandy Point will be closed to vehicles on January 15th in observance of the holiday.
Winter conditions may exist on walkways and roadways, please use caution while recreating. For your safety, stay off of any ice existing on waterways. Snow removal is limited and use of facilities including the boat ramp is at your own risk.
Facilities have been winterized and all concessionaires are closed for the season. Portable restrooms are available in the parking lot at Discovery and Sandy Point units. The west restrooms at the concession building of Spring Shores Marina remains open.
- Sandy Point Hours are 8am-4pm 7days a week. All vehicles must be out by 4pm. Pedestrian/Greenbelt use is allowed until sunset. Disc golf course is open, pond has drained, pets are currently allowed.
- Discovery and Spring Shores Units: Sunrise to Sunset, pets are allowed (year-round)
The East ramp of Spring Shores is CLOSED. West ramp at Spring Shores is OPEN but boaters should be aware of unseen hazards during low water levels and winter weather conditions. Please use caution around the water as steep cliffs and sudden drop-offs directly below the surface are often overlooked and can be dangerous. Motorists leaving the pavement may get stuck in sand and mud. You are solely responsible for your vehicles; park staff are not available to assist in the recovery of vehicles.
If you like fun in the sun, the beach at Sandy Point is the place for you and your family. Enjoy a dip in the cool water after a scenic bike ride on the Boise River Greenbelt! This 34-acre site at the base of Lucky Peak Dam features a large sandy swimming area complete with water toys and two beach volleyball courts. Sandy Point offers lots of cool grass and shady trees.
Hours of Operation
Park hours for Sandy Point are 8 am – 4pm
If unsure, please call the park for current operating hours. (208) 514-2486
Paddleboard rentals during the summer season are available at through Paddleboard Idaho, located within Sandy Point. (208) 297-3884 Paddleboard Idaho
What is Not Allowed at Sandy Point?
- Pets are prohibited from Sandy Point May 1 – October 1
- Glass containers and fishing are prohibited.
- No hardshell watercraft in the swimming area (we recommend Discovery Park for this type of watercraft), Inflatable watercraft only.
- No tree-hanging hammocks or slacklines
What’s at Sandy Point?
- Changing Areas
- Charcoal Grills
- Picnic Tables
- Disc golf (Seasonally: Oct 1 – May 1)
- 2 Sand Volleyball courts
- Amphitheater (reservation only)
- Loaner Backpack Program
- “Scout’s Footprint Friends” Animal Track self-guided activity, starts near the concession building.
- “Space Walk” with self-guided tour brochure, located along bike path
Address: 74 Arrowrock Rd
Boise, ID 83716
Phone: (208) 334-2432
Hours of Operation: Discovery Park and Spring Shores Hours: Sunrise to Sunset, daily | Sandy Point Hours: 8am-4pm | People and property must leave at closing.