Spring Update 2023:
- Broken Wheel and Eagle Cove campsites are available for reservations until October 22,2023. Cabins are reservable year-round. Reservations may be made online at www.parksandrecreation.idaho.gov or calling Reserve America 1-888-922-6743
- Equestrian Campground and unreserved sites in Broken Wheel and Eagle Cove campgrounds are available for same day camping.
- All restrooms and shower buildings are open. Water has been turned on to campsites.
- The Observatory is expected to open sometime in May. Updates will be posted on Facebook and our webpage at www.parksandrecreation.idaho.gov
- Sand boards are available to rent at the Visitor Center
Please note: UAV/Drone use is only permitted in the designated UAV area (contact the park for location). Flight outside of the designated are is strictly prohibited.
The park has day use areas, which include the dunes, which are only open to the public from 7 am to 10 pm. Please refer to IDAPA code 26.01.20.
Bruneau Dunes State Park is a great place to ride your horse. The equestrian area has corrals and water spigots for your horses. There is a vault toilet and a small shelter with picnic tables. The area includes 19 non-reservable campsites.
Address: 27608 Sand Dunes Rd
Bruneau, ID 83647
Phone: (208) 366-7919
Hours of Operation: Day-use locations within state parks are open from 7 am to 10 pm, per Idaho state code 26.01.20 (5). Day-use hours may change based on park manager discretion.