WHY Trails provide access to Idaho. Trails are part of Idaho’s recreation heritage, providing paths to camping, fishing and the wild places that make the Gem State great. We already have one of the most effective motorized trail maintenance programs in the country, supported by user fees. But the needed resources to maintain trails for hiking, biking and horse riding are lacking. And without adequate maintenance and improvements, access to some non-motorized trails will be lost.
- Annual minimum donation of $10
- Contributor receives the sticker, updated yearly, showing their support for Idaho Trails
- The Trails Supporter funds will be managed by the Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation and used for priority projects identified by partner groups and the public
- IDPR will work with partners to ensure needed projects are completed, with an emphasis on signage and trail clearing
Update: Between June 2020 and June 2021, the program raised $18,000 for non-motorized trails!
The stickers are now available in person at:
- REI in Boise
- JD’s Bodega in Boise
- IDPR HQ in Boise
- George’s Cycles (both Boise locations)
- Hyperspud Sports in Moscow
- Idaho Mountain Trading in Idaho Falls