Water-access at Niagara Springs, Crystal Springs Lake, and Box Canyon has been closed in response to the discovery of quagga mussels upstream at Centennial Water Park in Twin Falls. Visit agri.idaho.gov for updates and more information.
Official Government Website

The Idaho ATV/Motorbike (Motorized Trails) program is funded through certificate of number fees purchased by the enthusiast. On January 1 of each year, every motorbike (dirtbike), ATV, UTV, or specialty off-highway vehicle (SOHV) operated on public or private land must be numbered to legally operate. The public exemptions from numbering an off-highway vehicle exists if the vehicle is only for plowing snow or agricultural purposes. The cost of the certificate of number is $12. Idaho Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) certificate of number sticker fees fund education programs, trail clearing, and maintenance projects throughout the state, as well as support valuable ATV/UTV and motorbike safety courses for all ages.

As established by House Bill 75, on January 1, 2020, all non-resident OHV-users are now required to purchase the $12 Idaho registration sticker.

How your certificate of number fees are broken down?

  • $1.50 vendor fee
  • 15% is utilized for administration and the production of certificate of number stickers
  • $1 goes to county sheriffs for dedicated OHV law enforcement
  • $1 goes to Idaho Department of Lands to provide OHV opportunities
  • The remaining 85% goes to trail maintenance, construction and education programs

What are the certificate of number fees used for?

  • ATV, UTV and Motorbike safety programs for all ages
  • Trail maintenance on OHV trails by the IDPR Trail Ranger program
  • Trail maintenance and construction on OHV trails by the IDPR Trail Cat & Mini-Excavator program
  • Online OHV trail mapping application
  • Grants for OHV trail construction, maintenance, signing and trailhead facilities

Upcoming Events

No Upcoming Events

See All Events

ver: 3.5.0 | last updated: