Spring Update 2023:
- Broken Wheel and Eagle Cove campsites are available for reservations until October 22,2023. Cabins are reservable year-round. Reservations may be made online at www.parksandrecreation.idaho.gov or calling Reserve America 1-888-922-6743
- Equestrian Campground and unreserved sites in Broken Wheel and Eagle Cove campgrounds are available for same day camping.
- All restrooms and shower buildings are open. Water has been turned on to campsites.
- The Observatory is expected to open sometime in June. Updates will be posted on Facebook and our webpage at www.parksandrecreation.idaho.gov
- Sand boards are available to rent at the Visitor Center
Please note: UAV/Drone use is only permitted in the designated UAV area (contact the park for location). Flight outside of the designated are is strictly prohibited.
The park has day use areas, which include the dunes, which are only open to the public from 7 am to 10 pm. Please refer to IDAPA code 26.01.20.
Sandboarding is a fun and unique way to experience the dunes. Board rentals are available at the park Visitor Center daily, $15 for one board or $25 for two. There are two styles available for rent-stand up and sled.
Know before you go. Call the Visitor Center for office hours, especially during off season. 208-366-7919
Board rentals are stopped for the day when:
- Air temperature reaches 80* at the park
- 2 hours before Visitor Center closing time
- Boards must be returned 1 hour before Visitor Center closing time.
- No refunds on board rentals.
- No overnight board rentals.
Address: 27608 Sand Dunes Rd
Mountain Home, ID 83647
Phone: (208) 366-7919
Hours of Operation: Day-use locations within state parks are open from 7 am to 10 pm, per Idaho state code 26.01.20 (5). Day-use hours may change based on park manager discretion.