- The water drawdown for the re-pouring of the boat ramp project lowered the lake’s level to an unusable level.
- Kayaks can still be launched, but all other vessels will not be able to utilize the boat ramp.
- Bitterroot and Camas Loops, the shower house, fish cleaning station and RV dump station have closed for the winter.
- Appaloosa Loop will be closed to walk-up camping during November and December.
- ATV/OHV and boat registration stickers will not be available during the month of October due to staffing; limited office hours will resume some time in November.
- 2021 camping reservations can be made on December 10.
Location: 38 miles S of Lewiston, ID | 138 miles S of Spokane, WA | 234 miles N of Boise, ID
- Auto Touring/Scenic Routes
- Boat Ramp/Launch
- Boat Rental (non-motorized)
- Charcoal Grills
- Dump station
- Fire Rings
- Firewood Sales
- Fish Cleaning Station
- Flush toilets
- Group Picnic Shelter
- Indoor Showers
- Life Jacket Loaner Station
- Paddle Board Rental
- Picnic Areas
- Swimming - Lake/River
- Vault Toilets
- Water - Drinking
- RV Campsites
- Tent Campsites
Winter Groomed Nordic Track(s): Yes
Trail Types: Hike, bike, nordic
ADA Accessibility features:
- ADA Boat Ramp
- ADA Campsite
- ADA Restroom
- ADA Yurt
Coordinates: 46.235934, -116.627558
Groups: Camp, picnic, hike, cycle, mountain bike, fish, boat, playground, wildlife and wildflower viewing, snowshoe, Nordic skiing, ice fishing
Overnight: 46 serviced, 22 standard, 3 ADA campsites, 4 yurts (2 ADA). Reservations can be made for Memorial Day through Labor Day for campsites and year-round for yurts. (All sites with the exception of the Lodgepole Yurt are pet-friendly)
Nearby: Nez Perce National Historical Park, Museum of Winchester History, Historical Museum of St. Gertrude.
Rent or Buy: Canoes for rent when the water temp is 58 degrees or above.
Learn: Jr. Ranger Programs, Wolf Education and Research Center evening programs, First Time Adventure Program
Pets: Yes, all sites are pet-friendly with the exception of the Lodgepole Yurt
Visitor Center: Yes
Museum Available: No