ATTENTION: Dogs are not permitted beyond the parking lots. Harriman State Park of Idaho is a waterfowl and wildlife refuge. Dogs cannot be left unattended and must always be on a six-foot leash. Department employees may impound or remove any stray or unattended animals at the owner’s expense. (IDAPA 26.01. 20.175. 09)
There is a $7 Motor Vehicle Entrance Fee (MVEF) per vehicle to visit the Park. Your receipt tab from Harriman is also good for the day at Mesa Falls and Henrys Lake State Park. You can purchase a 2023 Annual MVEF Pass for $80 at Park Headquarters. Vehicles registered in the State of Idaho can purchase a $10 Idaho State Park Passport from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
SPRING TRAIL CLOSURES: The trails along the river are closed until June 15th for active waterfowl nesting. Please see Spring Closure Map.
The Harriman Ranch section of the Henrys Fork is closed to fishing until June 15th, 2023. No fishing, boating, or swimming is allowed on Golden Lake, Silver Lake, and Thurman Creek year-round.
BE BEAR AWARE! To avoid a bear encounter, remember to make lots of noise, hike in groups, and watch for signs of bear along the trail. Always carry bear spray and know how to use it if a bear charges. It is always good practice to be aware of your surroundings while on the trail!
Guided tours of the Historic Railroad Ranch buildings are available 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day.
Follow us on Facebook for current trail conditions, events, and link to local weather.
**Note: If you do not have a Facebook account, please use your phone or browser, and scroll to the very bottom of this page. There you can see the latest Harriman State Park posts, including conditions updates.
- Bunkhouse accommodates up to 13 people; including 4 in the cookhouse
- The Bunkhouse includes a common area, two rest rooms (one with a small claw foot tub, the other a shower stall) and 4 bedrooms
- One of the two bedrooms downstairs contains a queen bed, the other a twin. One queen bedroom and one with 4 twin beds upstairs.
- Linens are provided
- Two bedrooms with full sized beds are available in the Cookhouse next door, sharing a bathroom with the original claw foot tub.
- Cookhouse has a fully equipped kitchen, including a grill, ovens, fridge, microwave, and has plenty of kitchenware to accommodate your group
- Renters are responsible for cleaning facilities
Cost: $200 – $220 per night (plus sales tax) 2-night stay minimum stay required.
Customer Service: 1-888-778-4520
Address: 3489 Green Canyon Rd
Island Park, ID 83429
Phone: (208) 558-7368
Hours of Operation: Day-use locations within state parks are open from 7 am to 10 pm, per Idaho state code 26.01.20 (5). Day-use hours may change based on park manager discretion.