Summer Update 2023:
- Broken Wheel and Eagle Cove campsites are available for reservations until October 22,2023. Cabins are reservable year-round. Reservations may be made online at www.parksandrecreation.idaho.gov or calling Reserve America 1-888-922-6743
- Equestrian Campground and unreserved sites in Broken Wheel and Eagle Cove campgrounds are available for same day camping.
- The Observatory is open on Friday and Saturday nights. For the latest information, visit the Bruneau Dunes Facebook page or read this info flyer here.
- Sand boards are available to rent at the Visitor Center
Please note: UAV/Drone use is only permitted in the designated UAV area (contact the park for location). Flight outside of the designated are is strictly prohibited.
The park has day use areas, which include the dunes, which are only open to the public from 7 am to 10 pm. Please refer to IDAPA code 26.01.20.
Location: 64 miles south of Boise, ID | 259 miles northwest of Ogden, UT | 181 miles north of Elko, NV | 115 miles southeast of Ontario, OR
- Boat Ramp/Launch
- Charcoal Grills
- Dump station
- Equestrian Campsites
- Fire Rings
- Firewood Sales
- Flush toilets
- Group Picnic Shelter
- Indoor Restrooms
- Indoor Showers
- Life Jacket Loaner Station
- Picnic Areas
- RV Campsites
- Tent Campsites
Boating: Ramps, electric motor boats only
Trail Types: Hike, bike, horse
ADA Accessibility features:
- ADA Cabin
- ADA Campsite
- ADA Restroom
Coordinates: 42.9100, -115.70972
Groups: Shelters, conference rooms
Overnight: 82 serviced; 35 standard; 2 ADA campsites; 2 cabins (1 ADA)
Nearby: Bruneau Canyon Overlook, CJ Strike Wildlife Management Area, Silver City historic mining town, Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area, Owyhee Uplands National Backcountry Byway
Rent or Buy: Sand boards are available for rent at the Visitors Center Nature Store for $15/day, and you can also purchase gifts, souvenirs, drinks and snacks there
Wifi Info: Wi-Fi hot spots are located at the Visitor Center and at the Observatory.
Learn: Guided walks, special programs, education center and observatory
Visitor Center: Yes
Museum Available: Yes
Junior Ranger Program: Yes
Loaner Fishing Rods: Yes
Loaner Backpacks: No
Address: 27608 Sand Dunes Rd
Mountain Home, ID 83647
Phone: (208) 366-7919
Hours of Operation: Day-use locations within state parks are open from 7 am to 10 pm, per Idaho state code 26.01.20 (5). Day-use hours may change based on park manager discretion.