Visitor Center Hours:
Daily 9:00am to 4:00pm
- All campsites are reservable during our peak season only, mid-March thru October. November thru mid-March our Wagon Wheel Campground (sites 1-43) is open on a first come first serve basis, with limited services available.
- Campsite check-in time is 2 pm. and checkout time is 1 pm.
- Cabins require reservations year-round, and they must be made at least 48 hours prior to the arrival date. The Cottonwood and Sage Cabins are closed from November thru mid-March.
- Cabin check-in time is 3 pm. and check-out time is Noon.
- These times are being strictly enforced. If you arrive before 2 pm., you may park in the overflow parking area and visit the rest of the park.
**Note: If you are sick, have a cough, fever, or have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19, please do not enter the Oregon Trail Education and History Center.
Location: 72 miles E of Boise, ID | 211 miles W of Idaho Falls, ID | 270 miles NW of Salt Lake City, UT
- Auto Touring/Scenic Routes
- Charcoal Grills
- Dump station
- Fire Rings
- Firewood Sales
- Flush toilets
- Group Picnic Shelter
- Indoor Restrooms
- Indoor Showers
- Picnic Areas
- Water - Drinking
- Water Fountains
- RV Campsites
- Tent Campsites
Trail Types: Hike, bike
ADA Accessibility features:
- ADA Cabin
- ADA Campsite
- ADA Restroom
Coordinates: 42.9447, -115.3181
Groups: Shelters for large groups, conference room
Overnight: 82 serviced campsites (1 ADA), 8 cabins (2 ADA)
Nearby: Airport, golfing, winery, municipal pool, boat launch and scenic byway/overlook info
Rent or Buy: Purchase souvenirs, gifts, drinks, ice and ice cream at the Oregon Trail History and Education Center.
Learn: The Oregon Trail History and Education Center is open year-round for a self-guided tour. School and group tours may be scheduled by calling the park.
Visitor Center: Yes
Museum Available: Yes